Ingredients (4 servings):
- 8 eggs
- 2 green onions
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 teaspoons butter
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon cooking matcha
- 1 lime
- Thinly slice 2 green onions.
- In a medium bowl, crack 8 eggs and whisk them together until well-beaten. Stir in ½ teaspoon kosher salt and plenty of fresh ground pepper.
- In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Tilt the pan to ensure the entire pan is coated in the melted butter. Add the green onion and saute for about 1 minute to soften slightly. Pour in the eggs.
- Keep the heat on medium. When the eggs just start to set, use a flat spatula to slowly scrape sections of eggs, creating folds. Scrape occasionally until the eggs form soft folds, and remove them from the heat just before they are fully hardened.
- To serve, place eggs on a plate. Garnish with sprinkles of matcha and squeezes of lime juice.